It's easier than you think to add that little extra oomph to an image that has the sun in it. Adding a flare is quite easy in Photoshop, so I made a quick tutorial to show you how to do it!
1. Find an image that has the sun in there. If it doesn't, it looks kind of fake. You can choose an image that has the sun really close to the edge as well.
2. Edit your image how you want it. Sun flare will be the last thing you add.
3. Create a new layer. (CMD/CTRL J)
4. Go to Filter>Render>Lens Flare
5. Put the plus sign on your sun (or close to where it is, if it's off the screen).
6. Choose your lens. I prefer the 50-300 zoom personally.
7. Click okay.
8. Add a layer mask if you'd like to make any changes. Mask off the flare in front of your subjects, add or take away the opacity if desired.
9. Flatten your image and enjoy!
As you can see, adding a little bit of sun flare in your images is quite easy to do!
I hope this gives you some ideas of an easy way to add that little bit of oomph to your images, easily! If you have any questions, please ask below!
And guess what? I'm participating in a Blog Hop with four other talented ladies this month. Up next is Janis who is a Documentary Family Photographer in Toronto, Canada who shares the perks of getting a family session done with a 3 month old! Click on over to read, then continue through the circle!